Scrolling at local markets on a Sunday afternoon? Our Wara purse will add that dose of skillfully handmade to your warm-weather looks.
Made by artisans using locally sourced rayon silk or "sedas" in the Bolivian Andean Plateau. These ribbons are NON-existent in the US.
We provide opportunities to Artisans living in Bolivia (a developing country from South America) they usually take around 28 hours and more than 280 meters of silk ribbon to produce Wara Purse.
- The purse strap is also made from Bolivian "silk" ribbons.
- Weaven tightly together so belongings aren't lost.
- Magnetic snaps closure.
- Will fit phone, wallet, keys, perfume and hand sanitizer, and other daily essentials.
- Fabric cover for storage or traveling.
- Wara purse will retain its shape and beautiful appearance for years with proper care.
How to properly take care of it:
- Just place it hanging on your closet
- If the fringed part becomes wrinkly, simply steam. Fringe material dries fast and does not get damaged from a bit of water.
- NEVER wash or machine wash this purse, if it ever has a stain, simply handwash and let it dry naturally.
- NEVER wash the whole bag. MEASUREMENTS: Strap Length: 20" Length: 10" Width: 12" Fringe Length: 14" Styling tips:
- You can unknot the straps to adjust. It will be a bit hard at the beginning as knots are tied tightly.
Use it with a long maxi dress, just denim, and a basic shirt, a leather mini-skirt.... this piece will dress you UP without buying any expensive clothing, it's timeless and seasonless!
Where and how it was made?
Wara purse was designed by me! Melissa, a Bolivian designer who studied in Miami, passionate about Bolivian culture and traditions. Guadalupe and Rosalia produced Wara Purse.
Made by artisans in Bolivia.